Monday, April 28, 2014

Chapter 3

The nightmares were clear as day, though I wasn't sure what triggered them. All I know is that I was crying and shaking. All I could see was that face. That angry face. I felt pain. So much pain. 
The room was very dark, damp, and smelled of mold. The floor was dirt. Nothing but dirt. Where was I? Everything was hurting. I felt like something was taken. That's when I woke up with a scream. 

I realized where I was now, as I sat up in bed, took observation of my surroundings, I was in a hospital room. The scream apparently got the attention of others, both the nurse and a man, who I assumed was a doctor came into the room. They saw I was visibly shaken up. 

"Denali, are you alright?" The nurse asked me. I tried to compose myself, and nodded. The nurse looked at the doctor, and he walked towards me. 

"Good to see you awake, Denali. We took some tests to see what had happened to you, that was quite a nasty fall you had." He started. He looked down at the clipboard he was holding. I just looked up at him. 

"Everything seems to check out okay, but you do know that you're pregnant, right? I ran some tests and everything checked out, but your pregnancy test came back positive. We will run some more tests later on, after you get some rest, to see how far along you are" He said to me, and nodded to his clipboard. I just stared at him, in shock. Pregnant? There was no way in hell. 

"Are you sure? I mean, that would require sleeping with someone, and are you sure that's not a mix up?" I asked him. He raised an eyebrow, and gave me a serious look. 

"Listen Denali, I don't know your personal life, but I do know that this test was not a mix up, and you are pregnant." He said to me. I just sat there. 

"That also explains why you fainted." He said. He walked out of the room. I just sat there. Stunned. I didn't know what I was going to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment